Are you looking to add some warmth and coziness to your bedroom? A rug under the bed might just be the solution you’re looking for. Not only does it add a stylish touch to your bedroom decor, but it also provides practical benefits such as protecting your floors and reducing noise. In this article, we’ll explore everything you need to know about choosing and placing a rug under your bed.
Why Choose a Rug Under Bed?
There are many benefits to choosing a rug under your bed. Firstly, it can add a pop of color or texture to your bedroom decor. You can choose a rug that complements your bedding or walls, or go for a bold statement piece that stands out. Secondly, a rug can help protect your floors from scratches and scuffs caused by bed frames or furniture. Thirdly, a rug can help absorb noise and create a cozy, inviting atmosphere in your bedroom.
Types of Rugs for Under Bed
When it comes to choosing a rug for under your bed, there are many options to consider. Here are some of the most common types of rugs:
1. Wool Rugs
Wool rugs are a popular choice for bedrooms due to their softness and durability. They come in a variety of colors and patterns, making it easy to find one that complements your bedroom decor. However, wool rugs can be quite expensive compared to other materials.
2. Shag Rugs
Shag rugs are known for their long, fluffy fibers that create a cozy, luxurious feel. They’re a great option for bedrooms where you want to create a soft, comfortable atmosphere. However, shag rugs can be difficult to clean and maintain over time.
3. Jute Rugs
Jute rugs are made from natural fibers and are often more affordable than wool or shag rugs. They have a more rustic, textured look that can work well in bohemian or coastal-inspired bedrooms. However, jute rugs can be rough to the touch and may not be as soft underfoot.
How to Choose the Right Size Rug
Choosing the right size rug is essential for creating a balanced, cohesive look in your bedroom. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Measure the size of your bed frame, including any overhangs or footboards.
- Add at least 18 inches of rug on either side of the bed to create a comfortable walking space.
- Make sure the rug extends at least 6 inches past the foot of the bed.
Following these guidelines will ensure that your rug looks proportional to your bed and doesn’t feel too small or too large for the space.
How to Place a Rug Under the Bed
Once you’ve chosen your rug and determined the right size, it’s time to place it under your bed. Here’s how:
- Center the rug in the middle of the bed, leaving an equal amount of rug on either side.
- Make sure the rug is straight and aligned with the bed frame.
- Tuck the rug under the foot of the bed, making sure it extends at least 6 inches past the footboard.
By placing your rug in this way, you’ll create a cohesive, balanced look that adds warmth and comfort to your bedroom.
Caring for Your Rug Under Bed
To keep your rug looking and feeling its best, there are a few simple care tips to keep in mind:
- Vacuum your rug regularly to remove dirt and debris.
- Rotate your rug every few months to prevent uneven wear and tear.
- Blot spills or stains immediately with a clean, damp cloth.
- Consider professional cleaning every year or two to remove deep-set dirt and stains.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to enjoy your rug under bed for years to come.
A rug under bed is a stylish and practical addition to any bedroom. By choosing the right size, type, and placement for your rug, you can create a cozy, inviting atmosphere that’s both functional and beautiful. With a little care and maintenance, your rug will provide warmth and comfort for years to come.